Breaking Bread; Sourdough and no-knead bread workshop – 14 October
Date & Time
Sunday 14th Oct 2018
The smell of baking bread is only beaten by the taste of freshly baked bread. My sourdough bread workshop takes place over one day, providing you with numerous opportunities to gain the skills and confidence to bake your own bread at home. During the course we will prepare and bake different kinds of bread, along with some dough to bake later on at home. Additionally, you will gain a clear understanding of sourdough starters; making, maintaining and using. My aim is to ensure that you leave with an instinctive understanding of how to bake sourdough and no-knead bread so that you can do it again, easily, at home.
This is not a demonstration. This is a hands-on bread making workshop which means be prepared to get sticky and floury. The methods used to make both sourdough bread and no-knead bread can easily be used at home. You will learn to make, shape and bake the dough.
The workshop is limited to 8.
Come hungry as lunch and snacks are served. (Please ensure to advise me of any allergies whilst booking by email cheesemaker@QueenslandCheeseArtisan.com.au).
What to bring;
- Baking tin.
- A clean wide-mouthed glass jar to take home your starter
- Apron and three tea towels
- Enclosed footwear and long hair tied back/head scraf.
What you receive;
- A recipe booklet
- lots of bread
- lunch and snacksBook via https://www.queenslandcheeseartisan.com.au/shop/product/49209/Breaking-BreadSourdough-and-no-knead-bread-workshop-14-October/
all future events at Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre
- Days for Girls Sewing Day - Saturday 27th Oct 2018 - 10:00 am
view all Fraser Coast events