First Edition of the Most Sought-after Secret Event
Coming This October!
Fraser Coast, September 8, 2017 – From global phenomenon to highly sought-after “secret”, Le Dîner en Blanc will take over one of the Fraser Coast’s public spaces on October 28th for the first ever refined pop-up epicurean event.
Over 100,000 foodies and cultural enthusiasts around the world have already embraced this unique event. As stated very eloquently by the New York Times: “There are picnics and there are Picnics”. This très chic picnic is equal parts mystery tour, pop-up feast and je ne sais quoi! Launched in Paris nearly 30 years ago by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc de Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What began as a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international epicurean sensation in close to 80 cities in more than 30 countries. While the technology behind the event may has changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful locations.
“We all feel excited and privileged to be part of the team who will introduce Le Dîner en Blanc to regional Queensland and to share a wonderful evening, full of joy and beauty, with our community. Being part of an event such as this reminds me of the importance of connecting with people, forming new friendships and finding pleasure in the simple joys of good food, great wine and the magic that happens when people share these together,” says Liza Young, co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Fraser Coast, who has been living in the Fraser Coast for over 25 years and hopes to make this very first edition a success that will pave the way towards establishing a long-standing tradition.
In essence, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance and gallantry. Over the course of the evening, guests experience the beauty and value of one their city’s public spaces by participating in the unexpected.
To maintain its uniqueness as well as staying true to tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe certain requirements and followa few key rules:
· To participate in this first edition: guests must be invited via the hosts’ network or participating partners or get on waiting list via the official website: frasercoast.dinerenblanc.com/
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality and creativity are encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- As per Fraser Coast’s alcohol regulations guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept secret until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted byDîner en Blanc volunteers.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
- A table, two (white) chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- An option to pre-order food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
For full details on the rules and regulations, please visit frasercoast.dinerenblanc.com.
Le Dîner en Blanc – Fraser Coast gratefully acknowledges Stockland Hervey Bay and Wide Bay Motor Group as local partners of the inaugural edition in Fraser Coast and, Moët Chandon as National Partner of the 2017 Le Dîner en Blanc Series in Australia.
About Dîner en Blanc International
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in close to 80 cities in more than 30 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair. For more info, photos and videos of Le Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit dinerenblanc.com.
About Le Dîner en Blanc – Fraser Coast Hosts
The hosting team behind the inaugural Le Dîner en Blanc – Fraser Coast is composed of Nikki-lee Morris, Liza Young, and Councillor Daniel Sanderson. The team loves the history and anticipation of Le Diner en Blanc events around the world and are excited to bring a little piece of Europe to the Fraser Coast and to add some Australian flair to the festivities!
To keep up to date on event announcements:
Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEBFC2017 #dinerenblancfrasercoast
For media requests, interviews or images, contact:
Nikki-lee Morris, – p. 0413 170 901 – e. firstname.lastname@example.org